CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bad Boys

You are looking at the faces of the two boys who gave me so much trouble today. I was leaving the house, with Levi in his carseat and my arms full with other stuff, and these boys slipped right passed me as I was going out through the gate. So, I put Levi in the car and start running down the street (in the snow!!!!) after my bad boys. I realized that they were not listening to me yell their names, and I couldn't leave Levi in the car...it's cold outside! So, I go back to the house, put Levi inside (still in his carseat) and has started to cry, grab the leashes, and head back outside. I run down the block and see the dogs are running all over the place, going in and out of people's driveways and running in and out into the street. They are not listening to me at all, so I figure the only way I'm going to get them is to put them in my car. I run back to the house, knowing I need to comfort my screaming little man, put him in the car and head down the street.

Luckily the boys found another dog that occupied them, so I was able to get Bruno (the black dog) in the front seat of my car. Tex (our brown dog) sees me and runs off. Knowing I can't fit him in the car because I have Bruno in the front, Levi in the back seat, and Levi's stroller in the very back (yes, it takes up the whole back of my jeep). I decide to drive Bruno home and come back to get Tex. However, when I get back to get Tex, he is nowhere to be found. Ugh! I had to drop some things off at the mailbox, so I decide to go do that and hoped that Tex would go home while I was gone. I run my errand, get back and Tex is still nowhere to be found. I drive around the neighborhood calling out his name, while snow is getting in my car (By the way, I didn't mind the snow at all...it was just cold!), and I can't find him at all.

Finally, after about 20 minutes, I see him playing with a teenage boy. I hop out of the car, everytime making sure that I don't lock Levi in the car while it was running!!! I try to get Tex, and he just runs off. He would get real close to me, then run off. He wanted to play, and he knew that I would take him home. The boy tried to help me, and finally, we were able to grab Tex and put him in my car. I get him home, then leave to run one more quick errand.

Then, I get a call from my neighbor saying that the dogs were out!!!! Ugh...I had just put them in the backyard and knew the gate was shut. To make an even longer story short, Tex had figured out how to open the gate by jumping up and putting his paw on the latch!!!!! You can kind of see him doing it in the following picture. This is a new gate because Hurricane Ike destroyed our other gate, and I guess he just now figured out how to open it. Come to find out, the boys got out about four times today and my neighbors were so sweet to keep putting them back. So, I locked the gate and got myself and my little man (who was now sleeping) back into the warm house! What a day!


SNOW IN HOUSTON!!!!! Yes, we Texans get excited about snow!!! Here are a few pics we took tonight. I just wish Levi was awake to get pictures of his first snow!

It was pretty thick on the bottom of the trashcan. Jacob wrote this, so then I.... told him I love him too by just walking in the snow. So fun!




If only we had out outside Chirstmas lights up...that would be a perfect picture with the snow!


5 comments:

Melissa-D said...

It sounds like quite a day!!!

M & M said...

Unfortunately, things do get more complicated with a baby! :)
Love your snow pictures...you got far better ones than I did because I was too cold to stay outside very long.

Charles and Stacy said...

The snow pics are too cute! I can only imagine what the dogs were thinking each time Tex hit that latch! He must have been so proud of himself!

Stephanie said...

LOL..good thinking about making sure you didn't lock Levi in the car like I did to LC. Hehehe. That sounds like quite a day you had!

Stephanie said...

LOL..good thinking about making sure you didn't lock Levi in the car like I did to LC. Hehehe. That sounds like quite a day you had!