Summer Vacation...these are two words that any student of any age, middle school, high school, or even college love to hear and look forward to all year. Well, I never knew really what those two words meant until I became a teacher. Yes, students look forward to summer vacation because that means no more studying, doing homework, or late nights of finishing a major paper or project. Well, after being a teacher for five years, I have learned that those two words are even sweeter to the teachers! Summer vacation means another year of teaching under our belt, no more planning lessons that reach every learning style, no more analyzing test data, no more spending hours of our nights and weekends grading papers, no more dealing with teenagers talking back and being disrespectful, and no more difficult parents....that is at least for three months until we start it all over again! Haha.
It is a bitter sweet feeling, however, because there are so many students who I will greatly miss. It's sad to think about because I spent an entire school year seeing them everyday, watching them grow, and getting to know their personalities, and then all of a sudden, I never see most of them again! I do feel successful that I have made it through another year, and I pray that I have made a positive difference in at least one student's life! But, to sum it all up, I know my "teacher" friends and I are ready for our well-deserved SUMMER VACATION!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Summer Vacation
Posted by Jacob & Mary Hroch at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment