Well, I am 36 weeks 2 days pregnant, and yesterday my doctor put me on bed rest! I was having my weekly NST (non-stress test) and it showed that I was having contractions. The doctor said that Levi has "dropped", I am 1-2 cm. dilated, and quite a bit efaced. She said that we can hopefully prolong this pregnancy by getting me off my feet. I have been having contractions a lot, but I just thought they were Braxton Hicks. They don't hurt, but since Levi is getting into position, and the contractions are more frequent when I am up and moving around; I am very happy with the doctor's decision. So, I almost made it through my first week back at work, but not quite. I tried to stay seated, but with 30 eighth graders in your room, it's hard to stay seated...teachers have to be on their feet ALL day! Our goal is still Sept. 10 to make it to 38 weeks. I'm confident, with the Lord's help, that we can make it! I feel lucky that means only two weeks of bed rest. Some women have to be on bed rest for months...that would be hard! The good news is that Levi still looks great! He moves around all the time and seems to just keep growing. Just when I think my tummy can't get any bigger...it does...haha! So, I plan to catch up on some reading, check my email often, spend lots of quality time with the Lord, and get some REST!!!!! Please continue to pray for Levi to stay put for just a couple more weeks!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It looks like a bunch of movies are in order as well! I'll have to bring you over a bunch to keep you company! Love you!
By the way...you will do anything to get out of work, won't you!? : ) Just kidding!
Post a Comment