Can he get any bigger?
Daddy is proud of his big baby boy!
Uncle Justin came home from San Marcos for a visit.
So, when most people hear that the doctor has ordered "bed rest," they think "How wonderful, I can finally get some rest!" Well, that is what I was thinking...but laying in bed all day does get old. The hardest part is laying on my side, which is what the doctor wants me to do. So, I lay on my left side for a while as I read or watch TV, then when that gets uncomforable, I switch to my right side and read or watch TV. By this time, I am tired of laying on my side, so I prop myself up in bed and this is when I get on the laptop to check email, blogs, etc. or write in my journal. Then, I start feeling guilty for "sitting up", so it's back to laying on my side reading or watching movies, TV. Eventhough, it is kind of difficult, I still totally agree with the doctor's decision. After about two days of bed rest, I could tell that my contractions were slowin down. I still have them, but not near as often as when I was on my feet all day. So, I'm feeling pretty good that we can make it to Sept. 10....that's less than 10 days away...AMEN!!!!!
I did have some excitement over the weekend. Jacob was spraying Radient Barrier in our attic. This is a paint like substance that has fumes, so I needed to be out of the house. My sweet mom came and picked me up to take me to her house. I got to stay on the couch while we visited and she made us lots of yummy food to fill up our freezer for the next couple of weeks....Thanks, sweet Mom! I also got to spend some time with my dad on his birthday, so that was special. Then, on Sunday, my mom drove me back to Tomball to spend time with Jacob's dad on his birthday. I got there, ate some yummy food, then back to the couch on my side. It was so nice being out of my bed and being around loved ones for the weekend. Jacob brought me back home last night, and we've had a great labor day relaxing together. I have to say I have the BEST husband! He already didn't let me do much while I was pregnant, now he REALLY doesn't let me do anything! He's taking care of the house, the laundry, the grocery store, the cooking (or rather heating all the great food my mom made), and just being so supportive. We love talking about little Levi, and just knowing that he will be in our arms soon, makes us so happy!
I am looking forward to the season premire of Prison Break tonight, 90210 tomorrow (I have to see what this new show is about since I watched the original for so many years), and America's Next Top Model on Wednesday...yes, it's little things like this that get me excited right now. I'm also looking forward to my doctors' appointments on Wed. and Thurs....a chance to get out of the house! Okay...time to get back on my side!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Bed Rest...Not as easy as you think...
Posted by Jacob & Mary Hroch at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Hi Mary!
How are you!? Not sure if you remember me, but your cousin Meredith has been keeping our small group Bible study up to date on ya'lls progress from time to time! Funny how we ended up in the same group! Just wanted you to know that we have been praying for you and your sweet baby and that everything will go smoothly! Babies are such a blessing and joy!! Enjoy these last few days with just you and your hubby:)We'll keep praying...
Take care!
Mary Farmer (Hermann)
Cy-Falls Class of '99
So glad to hear that you are doing well! What a sweet family you have supporting you! Levi will be here soon!
Hey Mary!
You're doing such a great job on bed rest...keep it up!
Glad you have lots of love and people taking care of you. Levi is getting so big and I'm wondering where else you're going to put him for the next 10 days!
I love you lots and am thinking about you from Asia!
Hey Mary! I can't believe how big Levi is getting but how little you still are! I'm glad that you're getting lots of rest before Levi comes, because I hear things will change quite a bit afterwards. ;)
If you get bored, Ryan and I made a blog with our wedding updates - rdesj@blogspot.com.
Hope the next week flies and I can't wait to see my new cousin!
oops, its rdesj.blogspot.com
Hey Mary! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I know what you mean about laying on your side...it's not always comfy. I am SO excited for you guys. I can't believe it is already time for us to have our babies!!
Post a Comment