CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleeping Like a Baby...

We always put Levi in his bed on his back, with no blankets, just like the hospital told us to do (except, he is holding a little burb rag that his Grandmary made him...that comforts him in his sleep). Now that he has started rolling over, we wondered if one day we would find him sleeping on his tummy. Well, this is what he looked like when we put him to bed...

and at 2 a.m. when I woke up to check on him, this is how he was sleeping...

Notice, he had to move a lot to get in this position. He is sleeping the width of the crib...his foot is hanging out the rails in the back. I couldn't believe it. I run and get my camera, but discover I have to turn on the closet light and the hall light to get enough light to take the picture...hoping all along that I don't wake him. I get the picture, and think, "I bet Jacob wants to see this." I wake up Jacob and of course he wants to come see. We stand there in the dark admiring our precious baby and wonder how in the world he moved that much without waking us. We go back to bed, I wake up at 4:00, go check on him, and now he is sleeping on his back again. Then, I wake up at 8:30 wondering why he hasn't waken me up with crying. I go in there, and this is what I find...

a sweet, happy boy playing in his crib while he lets his Mommy sleep. :)

Here is Levi with his Aunt Sarah...he loves his Aunt Sarah!

and his Uncle Justin!







6 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so sweet, Mary! This is when it gets reaaaaaaalllllly nice! =) Jackson started that around Levi's age...waking up but being satisfied playing in his crib. It's good for them to have that quiet time. Even if I'm up and moving, I let him play for a while before I go get him. But I'm a bad mom...he has all kinds of animals in his bed. ;)

Alison Treadaway said...

I remember that exact story with Parker. I was so shocked when he moved and rolled around in his crib. I took a picture of it too because it is soo amazing. He is just precious... love you!

Kim and Eric said...

Levi is a cutie-pie! Loved seeing y'all at the reading time on Monday.

Melissa-D said...

So cute!

Charles and Stacy said...

So sweet, I wish I could sleep like that just for ONE NIGHT!!!

Kim Gonzales said...

That was so nice of him to let you sleep! Cute pics!