All I can say is that God answers prayers!!!! Our doctor's appointment was all good news! First, the doctor did an extensive ultrasound measuring every little part of Levi making sure that he was growing right on schedule. The most important thing the doctor was looking at was the rate of bloodflow in Levi's brain. On the screen, you could see red and blue spots which represented his blood. Then, the doctor could measure the rate in which it was flowing to see if Levi was becoming anemic. The ultrasound took a while, and we didn't say much because we wanted the doctor to be able to get all the correct measurements. Plus, we didn't know if things were looking good or not. It wasn't until he was finished looking at all the measurements, then he said the words we were praying he would say, "He's perfectly normal." We just took a sign of relief, and I immediately had tears rolling out of my eyes...God had answered our (and everyone esle who was praying for us) prayers! He went on to say that Levi currently weighs 3 lbs. 7 oz. at 30 weeks, which puts him in the 57 percentile.
He also said that he wants us to come back in two weeks to keep monitoring Levi. Eventhough Levi is doing great now, he still has the potential to start having problems because of these antibodies. The good news is that the doctors could more than likely intervene before any serious problems occured! My bloodwork titer shows that I have 1:32 ratio of antibodies. I don't know much what this means, but I do know that this is a low titer (which is good), but it still means I have antibodies against his blood which causes reasons for continuous monitoring.
The other good news we heard was that we can go ahead and get pregnant again when we are ready. Of course this would be an even higher risk pregnancy, but the doctors were very optimistic that they could intervene if need be. I think Jacob and I will just really seek God's guidence for when to try and conceive again, and then pray for an Rh negative baby!!!!
Right now, we are just so thrilled that we have a sweet, little baby boy growing right on schedule. We KNOW that God has been with us through all of this, and we wouldn't have been able to get through it if it wasn't for ALL the prayers that went up for us. To our Sunday school class, to our co-workers, to our friends, to our family, and to people we don't even know who prayed for us, THANK YOU!!!! We have prayed that God will bless each one of you in some way because you took the time out to say a prayer for us! Please continue to pray for our little guy and that God will continue to keep him healthy. Jacob and I are so thrilled about meeting him, and look forward to telling him how so many people prayed for him before he was even born!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Answered Prayers!
Posted by Jacob & Mary Hroch at 4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment