CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Amazing Love of a Parent

With everything going on, I am constantly thinking about what is going to happen with little Levi, constantly talking to God, and just trusting that He will get Levi here safely. Yesterday, when Jacob and I were processing everything, he said "Isn't it amazing how much we love Levi, and we haven't even met him yet?" We were talking about how much our hearts just ache for him and how we would do anything to keep him safe. You may think, "Well, of course a parent would love their unborn child, the baby is their creation (with the help of God, of course)." It dawned on me, and I made the connection how God could love us so much to die for us, before we were even born, just to save us!!!!! We are His creation, we are His children, and He thinks of us and loves us much like we love our own children! Isn't that amazing? This seems so elementary, but I don't think you can fully grasp the concept of God's love until you have a child...it just puts things in a whole new prospective. I can just imagine how His heart aches when He sees us not following His will or not spending time with him, much like a mother or father would ache if their child turned from them or didn't spend time with them.


"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." - 1 John 4:9-10

0 comments: