CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Levi Update



We went to the fetal specialist again today for our second appointment and we still desperately need your prayers! The good news is that Levi still looks good and healthy, the concerning news is that his levels have gone up, causing for concern. The doctor measures the blood flow in Levi's brain. Depending on the rate of the bloodflow, the doctor can tell if Levi is becoming anemic. Two weeks ago, at our first visit, his level was 1.2. Today, it has gone up to 1.4. The doctor said his cut off point is 1.5, meaning that once Levi's level hits 1.5, he wants to intervene. When the doctor says "intervene", he means either do an in-utero blood transfusion where the doctor goes in with a needle through my belly, through the placenta to the umbilical cord to give Levi a blood transfusion, all while looking at an ultrasound screen to do this procedure. Yikes....I know that sounds scary and complicated, but God has given this doctor great talent and he does this procedure often. If Levi is 35 weeks, when and if his level gets to 1.5, the doctor would go ahead and deliver Levi early instead of doing a blood transfusion. The doctor wants to see us again next Wednesday for another ultrasound to keep monitoring Levi CLOSELY!


So, you can imagine Jacob and my concern and fear for our precious little boy. Like I have said before, we do believe in the power of prayer and that God is bigger than statistics and tests! Eventhough Levi's level has gone up .1 each week, which would mean that his level could possibly be at the dreaded 1.5 level next week, we still believe that God can heal Levi in the womb, and we could go back next Wednesday and his level could have gone down....ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD! You have to remember we are talking about the same God who parted the Red Sea, turned water into wine, made the blind see, the lame walk, and fed five thousand people with only two fish and five loaves of bread....I'm confident he can keep our little baby safe as he finishes growing in my tummy! The following verses have often provided comfort for us during this difficult time.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

Please continue to pray for us and our sweet baby Levi. Of course our hope is that we don't have to do the blood transfusion and that Levi can stay growing as long as possible...the longer, the better...but we also have full faith in God that He is in control and He has a plan for us through all of this. Even if Levi does go full term, he will more than likely have more jaundice than most newborns and have to be monitored more closely. Please continue to pray for us, and I look forward to sharing all GOOD NEWS next week!!!!!!

0 comments: