CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Please Pray

Well, Jacob and I have so much to be thankful for, but we really need your prayers right now! On Monday, July 7, I went to the doctor for my normal 28 week appointment to get my glucose test and my Rogame shot since I am Rh negative (my blood type is A negative). My appointment went great, my belly is measuring right on target, my glucose test was normal, but the blood work they did to give me my Rogame shot was positive, meaning that my body has already started producing antibodies against Levi who is Rh positive.


These test results were really weird and puzzled the doctor. The only way for my body to be showing these positive antibodies is if I had previously has a blood transfusion, miscarriage, abortion, previous pregnancy, or if I had already received the Rogame shot. (The rogame shot is given to every Rh negative pregnant woman at 28 weeks and within 72 hours after the birth of her baby, so that her body won't start producing antibodies against the next baby who might have Rh positive blood) Well, I have never had any of the previously mentioned cases, and to make it even more strange, my blood work at the begining of my pregnancy was negative, showing that my body was not already making antibodies against a foreign blood.
So, my doctor ordered for me to give more blood and have the test redone. Finally on Wednesday, July 9, I found out that the test was correct and that my body is producing antibodies against Levi's blood. The baby's blood and the mother's blood should not mix until labor and delivery (that's why the Rogame shot is routinly given before birth at 28 weeks and after birth so that the body doesn't start producing antibodies). Since, my test was negative at the beginning of my pregnancy, the doctor assumes that some "traumatic event" during the pregnancy has made Levi's blood get into my body, thus making my body to start producing antibodies against his blood. We will probably never know what "traumatic event" caused this. I have never fallen, never had any cramps, braxton hicks, injuries...nothing during my pregnancy...it just must have been something during the development.

My doctor has referred me to Texas Children's Fetal Clinic for the specialists to start monitoring Levi. My first appointment is next Wendesday, July 16 at 10:00. I'm sure the doctor will do an ultrasound, more blood work, and just help answer the MANY questions that we have. The good news is that Levi should be okay since he is growing and moving like a normal baby and because this is my first pregnancy, so there are not many antibodies built up. However, they will be monitoring him very closely and if he starts to suffer because my body is fighting against him, they may want to take him out early. I am 29 weeks prenant, so in three weeks I will be 32 weeks which would be okay to deliver then, but we are praying that he can stay until at least 37 weeks. I don't really know what all could happen to Levi if my body really starts fighting against him, but one of the side effects is that he could become anemic.

We are anxious to go see Dr. Moise on Wednesday to find out if Levi is okay at this point, if he is, then we will be so thankful to God and they will closely monitor him for the remainder of my pregnancy. Here is the weblink to read more about this if you are interested. http://www.texaschildrens.com/carecenters/FetalSurgery/Alloimmunization.aspx

Please just keep Levi in your prayers. We fully believe in the power of prayer, and we know that God is in control. Pray that Levi is okay and that he will continue to be okay and develop normally for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please also pray for comfort and peace for Jacob and me and our families....Levi is already SO LOVED by all his family and many are concerned. One more thing that is last on our prayer list right now, but please just pray for comfort. This whole situation makes having another baby very risky...I don't know all the details about that right now, but in the back of my mind it saddens my heart to think that we MAY not be able to have more kids. For all who know Jacob and me, know that we have always dreamed of a big family, so it's just an extra bit of information that we have to take in. However, right now we are just praying for at least one HEALTHY baby boy!!!!!!

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them." - Matthew 18: 19-20

Now, on to some GOOD news! Eventhough we are very concerned about our sweet little baby, God has blessed us in so many other ways. First off, Jacob now has his ACCOUNTING DEGREE!!!!!! YAY!!!! He has been working so hard at school while working full time too, so we are so thankful for that chapter of our lives to be over...plus, now we get to spend more time together! He won't actually "walk" until December, but he now he has completed all the requirements. The neat thing is that Levi will get to attend Daddy's graduation!

Some other good news is that my mom and I finished Levi's bedding! With Jacob finishing all the painting and getting the furniture set up and my mom and I finishing the sewing, we are now ready to welcome Levi home to his new Cowboy room....here are some pictures.
The other good news is that I am feeling great, Levi is still moving every day, and seems to be growing right on schedule! That is a blessing, and we're just praying for good news on Wednesday at the doctor.

I know this was a long post, but thank you to all who read it and to all who will be praying for us and our precious baby. I will definitely keep the blog updated with new information.

0 comments: