CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What I am thankful for...


As you can imagine, I've been pretty sad lately...just seeing my little one in the NICU everyday breaks my heart. Today, I was walking into the hospital, and I saw this sweet young boy who is confined to a wheelchair. He obviously has some kind of mental disability, but he was just smiling and laughing. I immediately realized that I have so much to be thankful for, and that I had no reason to feel sorry for myself. It was like God just said to me, "Chill out, Mary. I've got Levi in my hands. Everything is under control...have I ever failed you before?" I quickly walked into the bathroom and just started crying and thanking God for blessing me with so much, and especially blessing me with a strong, healthy, handsome baby boy! This bilirubin problem is just a temporary problem, and that precious little boy I saw in the hospital has a condition that is permanent. I pray for him and his family and know that he will have a perfect body and mind when he gets into heaven. So, I figured that I needed to reflect on all the things I am thankful for. Plus, it's so healthy to think about positive things during difficult times. SO, here's a list of just some of the many things I am thankful for.


I am thankful for... (these are in no specific order)

1. My loving husband who loves and treats me better than I deserve.

2. A beautiful baby boy who is perfect in every way.

3. Our BIG, loving family who always supports us and prays for us.

4. Our Sunday school class that is filled with loving friends who would do anything for us, and they definitely pray without ceasing!

5. My mom's and my daddy's health

6. I wouldn't say easy, but "manageable" labor and delivery.

7. Our wonderful neighbors

8. My fun co-workers who have become some of my best friends.

9. Surviving Hurricane Ike

10. A beautiful house (that also survived Hurricane Ike, except for the garage...I'll post pics later)

11. Good Insurance (medical and house insurance...both are really coming in handy with the medical bills and the hurricane)

12. Good jobs (both mine and Jacob's)

13. Having a faith and dependence in God that gets me through EVERYTHING, especially through these hard times.


There are so many more things that I am thankful for, but these are just a few to keep me focused on the positive!

3 comments:

Jade said...

Way to go Mary! That's what you gotta do when it's rough. Keep thanking Jesus because He really does provide so much for us.
I am praying for you, I know how difficult it must be seeing sweet LEVI hooked up like that but God is with him and you and your man. Praise the Lord for a healthy son! He is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Miss you lots and can't wait to meet your handsome baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Our son also had to spend his first few days under the bili lights. It was so hard. But that was 21 years ago and he's been a blessing to us every day of his life. He's a junior in college now. All this to say "hang in there." Levi will get to come home soon and you have countless wonderful times ahead.